Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 15

Distance ran;
10.69K (1.13.06)

Total distance ran;
35.74K (4.10:18)

So after spending the whole day sat in the same chair, I was irritated, bored, lethargic and generally not enjoying my day whatsoever.....and then I returned home to the gentle words of 'shall we go for a run?' I knew then that my day had hit yet another low, but as I have a challenge to conquer I had of course to begrundgingly say yes.  So tonight we tried something new, he thinks I run too slowly and does a lot of moaning about my pace, so tonight he gave me a 12minute head start and then tried to catch me.  I think this tactic was also supposed to spur me on to try and not 'get caught', but instead I just felt myself doing constant mental arithmetic, calculating the time and distance when he would catch me up!!!!!  I was, of course, 'caught' but was quite proud of running the full distance on my own and non stop....albeit it still a little slow :-(

Delicious food today, a lovely tuna, lettuce and olive sanger for my dinner, but unfortunately no tea :-( after my run I was cooking tea and then really suddenly felt really sickly and got a really bad headache, so I went for a lie down to try and get rid of it, but ended up falling asleep for the evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment