Monday 4 July 2011

Day 7

Distance run today
6.08K (39.51minutes)

Total distance run
15.37K (1.40:02)

Well I think the weekend must have done something good to me this week, because after another hearty omelette breakfast I went out for another run, woop woop!!!!  I felt REALLY sore from yesterday, so decided not to push it too hard and just do the same route again.  The distance logged is not too acurate though, as exactly the same route logged a difference of 0.19K, I know it's not too big a difference but that will start to build up over longer distances - dam you Nike sportsband!!!  Anyhoo, the main thing about my run was that I did it 1min 25sec faster, which is great :-)

As a self confessed shopaholic I always want to buy something, anything and now with my new sporting challenge comes with an extra excuse to buy new things - hurrah!!  I've always been a massive massive Nike fan, but some of their products can be quite expensive, so trying to be a bit more spending savvy i've tried other makes for both trainers and clothes.  Unfortunately (for my bank account) the other makes come nowhere close to my love of Nike, the fit, the quality and the feel are all absolutely unchallenged, for me.  After having found a discount store that stocks plenty of choices.........it's spending time :-)  I've been really unhappy with my trainers for a while and after a number of bad purchases which have felt like wearing bricks, i've just tonight bought myself some new Nike trainers - not running shoes, so may regret the choice but i'm very excited for them to arrive so I can try them out, so I can hopefully be brick foot no more :-)

On the diet front, today went really well I had an absolutely delicious dinner, while watching the Wimbledon final, but felt quite lathargic afterwards so we went out for a nice walk, which ended in having tea out (uh oh).  My portion was obviously not diet sized, but I didn't have a starter or any kind of pudding which I normally would.......however, the 2 bottles of wine were definitely not on my plan oopsie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment